Tibetan rugs production is done with the care and touch of the human hand. The techniques and tools have remained unchanged for hundreds of years. The materials are the finest nature offers; from the lanolin-rich, hand-carded hand-spun Tibetan wool, to the small lot dying process. These dye-masters use finely manipulated natural dyes to enhance the wool's natural boldness and luster, while maintaining its colorfastness for decades to come. Each rug is woven knot by knot on an upright loom, using the Tibetan Loop Senneh knot. When weaving is complete, the rug is cut from the loom, sheared and trimmed, and given a final wash to bring out the rich hues and variations that are the hallmark of every Premium Tibetan.
- Fine Hand Knotted Weave by master artisans makes the rug durable & long lasting.
- Natural Dyes, Tibetan Wool hand wash makes rugs very soft, smooth & comfortable.
- The designs are simple yet beautiful, complementing the contemporary, modern decor.
- Lanolin-rich wool is hard to stain.
- The rug colors are beige, greens, grey, red and black.